Why should I make Jesus Christ Lord over me?
(The Deity of Christ) You are reading (John 1: 1-18)
- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- He, the Word, was in the beginning with God.
The Preincarnate Work of Christ
- All things were accomplished through Him, and without Him nothing was made that were made.
- 4 In Him, the Word was life and the life was the light of men.
- 5 And the light, the word, shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.
The Forerunner of Christ
- There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. ( St. John the Baptist )( Read Isaiah 40 V 3-8)
- This man came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, (Jesus Christ) that all through him might believe.
- He, (John Baptist) was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light; (Jesus Christ).
The Rejection of Christ
- That, (Jesus Christ) was the true Light which gives light to every man coming into the world.
- He, (Jesus Christ) was in the world and, the world was made through Him, and the world did not recognize Him.
- He, (The Light, Jesus Christ), came to His own, and His own did not receive Him.
The Acceptance of Christ
- But as many as received Him,(Jesus Christ) to them, ( you and me), He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
- Who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
The Incarnation of Christ
14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
15 John, (John Baptist) bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He, (Jesus Christ) of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me. (Jesus is the Architect of the universe. (Read Proverb 8v26-36)
16 And of His fullness, (Jesus Christ) we have all received, and grace for grace.
17 For the law were given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
18 No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, (Jesus Christ) who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared Him. (Jesus Christ declared that He is God)